Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace-Elliot V8 for Punk Rock?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lex_the_punk, Aug 23, 2002.

1. hey guys,

what do you think about the Trace Elliot V8 Head for a punk rock amp? is it gonna give me that growly feel? i play a rickenbacker 4003, so i'm wondering if it's gonna compliment that well. if i go for the head, i think i'll probably get the matching 8x10 speaker cab. is this a good idea? does anyone else play this rig?

any comments etc would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    alexis

2. You have a Rick and you worry about growl?

3. stop_drop_pop33

stop_drop_pop33 Guest

Aug 15, 2002
    under your bed
    well, you are fine it sounds. i wouldnt trust trace elliot even though their combos are badass.

4. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    i think tube head is o.k. for punk. Also 8x10" can be very loud, you will get dirty and punchy sound, i guess. I have trace ah300w 4x10" combo, but it has sterile sound, maybe with 15" cab can be better.

5. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    Not sure about for punk. I have a Trace Elliot V4 and it sounds better than anything I have ever played through, and I have been around the block quite a few times. The lows are warm and huge through the V series TE heads and the highs are just as wicked. I say go for it. Trace Elliot kicks all others...

easy...
    easy guys

"IMO"