1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trace-Elliot V8 for Punk Rock?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lex_the_punk, Aug 23, 2002.

1. hey guys,

what do you think about the Trace Elliot V8 Head for a punk rock amp? is it gonna give me that growly feel? i play a rickenbacker 4003, so i'm wondering if it's gonna compliment that well. if i go for the head, i think i'll probably get the matching 8x10 speaker cab. is this a good idea? does anyone else play this rig?

any comments etc would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    alexis

2. You have a Rick and you worry about growl?

3. stop_drop_pop33

stop_drop_pop33 Guest

Aug 15, 2002
    under your bed
    well, you are fine it sounds. i wouldnt trust trace elliot even though their combos are badass.

4. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    i think tube head is o.k. for punk. Also 8x10" can be very loud, you will get dirty and punchy sound, i guess. I have trace ah300w 4x10" combo, but it has sterile sound, maybe with 15" cab can be better.

5. BassMann2112

BassMann2112

Jun 21, 2002
    Not sure about for punk. I have a Trace Elliot V4 and it sounds better than anything I have ever played through, and I have been around the block quite a few times. The lows are warm and huge through the V series TE heads and the highs are just as wicked. I say go for it. Trace Elliot kicks all others...

easy...
    easy guys

"IMO"