Trace Elliot

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Don Fabrizio, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Don Fabrizio

Don Fabrizio Guest

Jan 27, 2001
    I want to buy a new bass amp. A friend told me that I should try to get a Trace Elliot. I searched for some time and I finally found a cheap 'Trace Elliot 715 SMC' in an online-shop, but I never heared how it sounds. Can I trust my friend? Shall I buy it or do you think that Trace Elliot is ****?
  2. Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    i have a stack.. pre amp trace elliot, PA gatsby and some boxes... i bought it all very cheap (that was my reason to buy it..cause i needed an amp) and after all my experiences nah.. i really don`t know what to think about trace elliot`s. i will give hands into the fire for tube amps... well.. they will be always better but also always inclinable to environment. my reccomend is if u will w8t a little rather go to buy some tubehead (ampeg,george dennis) or if u don`t want tube try to play some carvin... it`s not bad really... c`ya
  3. I love em !! I love the sound, the look, the reliability they have provided me with over the years. I'm on my second TE stack. I've never owne the combos though so I don't know what they're like!! I know that there are some people who hate the sound, they reckon it 'colours' the sound too much. I disagree!!!

What type of music do you play?? What other amps are in your options list?? I'd recommend before you buy any amp to go try it out first. I love the way TE stuff sounds - you may hate it, it's very subjective. The best way I think to find an amp that is right for you is to go try as many in your price range as possible - then get one that you think sounds good! Remember it's you who's parting with your hard earned cash, and you may have to use it for a long time before you can get another amp. Make sure what you get will keep you happy for a while!
  4. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    I read on this board somewhere that Trace Elliot is no more... even the Gibson version went under so it doesn't exist at all anymore. If its true, that should make finding a new one rather difficult.
  5. Misanthrope

Feb 7, 2002
    hey, i play very concrete stuff but TE have very metalic sound, i like tubes cause it add that nice tint on it... that TE cannot do... i am satisfied but TE can makes better..also depends on choose of bass..(for example it`s killing with warwick i have but really fine with spector) so depends on pickups a lot too...