Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Buddy Lee, May 13, 2002.

1. Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

May 5, 2002
    Anyone tried the Trace Elliot TAB100-15 (especially Rockabilly players)?

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I had one for about a year and a half. It sounded great on stage. I was using an Underwood blended with the Crown mic (from the Fishman Blender setup). The problem was that the hi-fi acoustic sound didn't make it off the stage. Out front there was plenty of volume and warmth (for jazz), but it sounded very, very electric.

3. I've used the TAB 100-15 a few times in a rockabilly band. It's much too quiet, lacks bass and clips easily. The tone is very transparent. I think it is probably more suited to jazz styles but I have no experience of that sort of music. The amp has two channels so I guess you could also put your slap pickup into it. However there is only one xlr output to p.a.

It could not be used for rockabilly without plugging into a the main PA. Even if you do this the on-stage sound was thin and lacked power. My bass sounded horrible...

I went back to my old Peavey Mk V111 and 4x10 cab and my sound was much better.

The plus points - it's very small and light. Quite well made, will stand up to being thrown into the back of a van etc.

Hope this helps.