Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

trace elliot

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by funkyflea, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Hi i saw a awsome trace bass amp.
    But they say the company went bankrupt, what about this?
    Do I still have after market service???????

2. Gibson bought them out. What I have "heard" is that the amps will continue, based on the original designs, manufacture will probably go from England to somewhere with low labor costs, you pick the country. Check the gibson.com website and follow the Trace links. There may be something there about service.

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Trace Elliot were bought over by Gibson in 1998 (I think). Gibson have shut down the UK manufacturing to transfer it all to the US (or so I was told) - however I reckon to keep labour costs down that could mean Mexico!

I think that you'll be able to get after market service as your contract is with the seller, not Trace Elliot, and it's up to the seller to arrange repairs etc!

4. I got my amp repaired after the move, a couple of the guys who worked for Trace set up there own company G H Audio and at the time it was the same phone number.

5. gav

gav

Nov 26, 2002
    UK
    All Trace Elliiot warranty and non warranty work is carried out by GM Audio in the same Trace Elliot building in Maldon, Essex, UK.

e mail gavin@gmaudio.co.uk for more info.:)

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

Having checked your profile - welcome to TalkBass!

...and it's nice to know that there is support if my Trace ever needs help!:)

7. gav

gav

Nov 26, 2002
    UK
    Don't worry about your warranties on Trace gear.
    You still get two years from date of purchase.
    There are still amps leaving from here to go to dealers in the UK.
    If you need service, parts, advice, etc, just let me know.

Gav.