Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Elliot

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jason Hale, Sep 24, 2002.

1. I just got a Trace BLX80 combo. It's a 1-10. It's really loud for a 1-10 combo. Made in UK of course. It has the GP7 head. All numbers, specs, etc are gone. How many watts is this combo and what did it go for new?

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I believe that it is listed as having 80 watts, but TE is VERY conservative when it comes to their ratings. Who knows how much power that thing really has?

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    They were about £350 new in 94. For music gear the general conversion ratio is 1:1 (tax VAT etc).

The BLX (short for bollocks short for the expression "the dogs bollocks" translated as good) had a bigger brother the BLX130-guess the wattage.

Excellent portable amps suitable for practice, small rooms, wimpy drummers or PA's with excellent monitors.

4. I know one thing. I've played really good small to medium size combos (GKMB150, SWR Workingman, SWR Baby Blue, etc) and this one is by far the best yet. Cheers to TE!

5. Sprinkler

Sprinkler [account disabled]

Jul 31, 2002
    how much does their 2X10 + Tweeter cabinet go for new?