Trace Elloit 2x10 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassman_Spike, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Hey all

I found a used 250 watt Trace Elliot 210 combo in the local music store yesterday at a great price i think.

But i dont really no much about Trace amps and i cant find much about them on the net.

Does anyone know the model of the amp i speak about and then any information about it?

I havent had the chance to play it yet, but i will take my bass in very soon.

Im after some information on reliability and what model it is for now...any other info would be nice too.

If anyone finds a photo of what they think it might be i should be able to ID it.

2. genderblind

genderblind Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Was it a 7 or 12 band EQ? Did it say "SMX" on the front panel?
    Did it have a two band compressor? was it covered in grey tolex or green carpet?
    These are phenomenal combos, I would like to help you more, but I need more info.
    Check , go to products - Trace Elliot and find the 122HSMX combo, this might be it!!!
  3. [​IMG]

It might be this amp the 7210-7. I remeber it had the DI at the front. Not sure though.

Anyone no about this amp.
  4. I looked at the SMX pretty sure it is not that one....i really do remember the DI being on the front.
  5. genderblind

genderblind Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Is it an older Series 5 or 6 combo? I can't recall a 210 in those ranges though. They had DI out on the front panel.
  6. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    122HSMX - 250 Watts 2X10 with GP12SMX Pre-amp 12 band
    EQ, Dual Compression.Great Little amp.
  7. Thanks guys...I am going into the shopp on saturday morning to have a play of it.

NV43345: It does kind of look like yours but as i said earlier im sure it had the D.I on the front panel, Convincing me it will probably be the one i put a picture of above. Also i dont think it had a 12-band EQ...might have been 7...then again might not of have any EQ like that.

I will get the model number and a picture if i can on saturday.

Oh any of you with trace combos have any reliability issues...i dont want to buy a lemon, espec seeing its used and trace elliot is kind of dead these days.
  8. trace have a pretty good overall record i believe...

i've been told that if it's all ok when you buy it's gonna do you well providing you look after it well