1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trace is poping and loosing volume

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boamedt, Oct 7, 2009.

1. boamedt

boamedt

Jul 2, 2008
    Santa Rosa, Ca
    I have a trace elliot ah350smx that has some intermitent noise issues. It makes popping noises whenever i hit a string, and sometimes just takes out the volume by at least 3/4 of the way. sometimes while it is like this, i can pluck a few notes and it comes back to normal volume and the popping goes away.
    I have brought my amp to a repair man, who told me yea the effects loops can get dirty and he simply sprayed one pot and it magically came back on, and did for about a month. Then it started again, I already tried jumping the effects loops, theres two, with no avail. its not the instrument cable either(this time) or any other cable connected to my amp . And i have to constantly be spraying the jacks with contact cleaner, pretty much every time i play.I have noticed when i have the volume on my bass turned down it will not do this poping thing it does. but as soon as i turn it up to any normal volume it pops again, what do i do?