Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trace Schematic!?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Apr 15, 2003.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I need help finding a schematic (sorry can't spell) for my Trace Elliot Hexa valve tube head. If anyone knows where I can get one. PLEASE let me know

2. Try speaking to these guys. I've always found them to be most helpful.

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I just had to get the schematics for my Trace pre. Here's the number for Trace Elliot in the US:
    847 741 7315
    then dial extension 206 for Shane or ex. 208 for Robert. These guys will help you.

Cheers.

4. You may have to contact Ashdown. Gibson does not have the schematics for the older Trace tube heads. Mark Gooday from Ashdown who used to be one of the heads of Trace Elliot hooked me up with a skit for my V6. Gibson (current Trace Elliot) was about as much help as a turd.

5. Mark is excellent and has gone way beyond the call of duty while at Trace. I sent an email to him on your behalf when we chatted last week, but it bounced back. It's worth the phone call to speak to him directly.

Best of luck, B.G.

6. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    how can i get a hold of Mark.....anyone have his #

7. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    OK Ashdown told me to call Gavin who deals with all the old trace amps. they gave me some weird #. I tried calling, but it didn't work. This might sound dumb, ut how do I go about calling over to the UK???

8. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    here is the # they gave me.....00441621858181
    does that look right to anyone??

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Gavin will tell you to call Shane or Robert in the US. I've already been that route. I already posted the number above.

10. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks Oddie....I just emailed Steve HOPEFULLY he will have a schematic

11. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Oddio****

12. Hehe - fingers crossed, my friend. I hope this pans out, but I'm still going through the email list for old friends at Trace to see if I can hunt anyone down. I had a few "home" addresses, but most of these have bounced back.

13. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Bassgreaser, one more time man. I'm not going to be a pest but the number that I posted is the way to get what you are looking for. You may need to keep on them but either of these guys will get you the schematic right away. They will just email it to you. You seem to be going around and around the obvious answer. These guys have the old schematics as well as the new.

Andy.

14. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Andy I've tried them no answer......

15. The link I posted up top is for Gavins company.

16. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. I did find that if you call in the morning than you will almost always get them. Also, leave a message with your email and tell either of them what you need. They will email you back pretty quickly. I also had a bear of a time trying to get information on my Trace pre but it was worth it in the end.

good luck.