Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mogo, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Mogo

Jan 3, 2002
    Does anyone know of secure sites to buy trace or marshall rigs old stock or new.
  2. Mogo

Jan 3, 2002
    Cheers but Ive try them no F**king selection of gear

3. Yeah, their selection is piss poor. Problem with Trace stuf is that seeing as it is no longer made - and it hasn't been in almost 1 year, the only selection you'll get is what people have in stock or what is left at distributers - if any!

Haven't seen many places stocking a lot of Marshall bass gear!:)
  4. Mogo

Jan 3, 2002
    I heard that Gibson had bought them over and they were starting to make them now.

5. Gibson bought them over in 1997. The range changed about them. At the beginning of 2002 all UK manufacturing ceased.

Gibson were meant to be moving all manufacturing to the US, however, several sources have stated that it has been mothballed indefinitely. This may have changed by now of course - I haven't been keeping up as I have my 'dream rig' as it is! But it seems as if the Gibson corporate monster has consumed another brilliant brand, and may well have killed it!

If you liked Trace Elliot stuff, you might want to try Ashdown amps. Mark Gooday is the MD of Ashdown and was one of the directors of Trace Elliot. I am very keen on Ashdown amps (I bought a little 'un) as they sound very like Trace! :)
  6. Mogo

Jan 3, 2002
    I have a ashdown rig brillient sound of it but I had nothing but bother from it my rickenbacker seems to be overdriving it to much. So i was going to sell it and get something new but not to sure what to go for now I was looking a marshall or trace but its going to be a bit of a b**tard get them. Any ideas on other amps?
  7. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    you should try Ampeg.....
  8. Mogo

Jan 3, 2002
    I dont like the look off them!!
  9. I guess you could always try Peavey, or Hartke!

I'm surprised about the Ric - I would have though it would have just been a matter of turning the amp gain down.

Then again, you're the one with the rig and the Ric - I'm sure you've been there, hence the need for the new rig!:)
  10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Oh well - that's another one to avoid then!!! ;)

For Mogo - the best amps I have heard and tried in the UK are definitely Eden. I was frustrated with things like Hartke and really hated Trace Elliot amps - but when I heard Eden amps, it was a huge step up in class and sound quality!! :)
  11. zoran

May 10, 2002
    The same is with cabs. I played through trace 4x10" cab and eden 2x12" side by side (glock preamp, hafler poweramp). Eden sounded much better, almost unbeliavable better. Lows, mids, highs everything.
  12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I bought my Eden stuff from Overwater by mail order - they are great to deal with and parcels always came next day.

I must say though that I preferred EA cabs to Eden and also got these from Overwater :