1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

track on Bird Mancini's new disc

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by RickC, Oct 21, 2010.

1. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2005
    I played bass on the title track for Bird Mancini's new release "Tuning In/Tuning Out", due for release on Nov 16. There's a sneak preview of this track on their website; click on the Music section.

http://www.birdmancini.com/

Bird Mancini are a husband and wife duo of veteran Boston area rockers making creative and tuneful psychedelic pop. I've worked with them before on previous projects and it's always a blast. They'll give me a demo for the tracks they want me on, usually just vocals and acoustic guitar, and ask me to come up with my own bass part. I'll work something out, come in and do a couple of takes with the demo as a guide, and they'll build the rest of the final track from there. Often they'll say that my bass part changes their ideas for the tune; that supposedly happened here. From my point of view it's a fun and rewarding way to do a record.

The track on the website is a "radio edit". There's a nice long, jammy outro on the version that will be on the disc. I actually haven't heard that version yet!

/rick