1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

tracking down a bass once owned

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bassbaterie, Jul 2, 2005.

1. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Director, Quantum Bass Center
    I sold a bass through Bass Viol Shop in about 1990. Andy Stetson says he can't think of who would have sales records from that era if they any longer exist. It was a small 3/4 German bass, no label, attributed to "Glasel" from the early 1900's, dark red varnish, Stenholm endpin, restored with obvious re-edging on the top. It has a unique shape in that its lower bout is hardly wider than its shoulders, so the top looks like two out-toed horseshoes. Not an attractive bass shape but very distinctive, so I figure even without photos someone may remember having seen it. It is a good professional bass so chances are the buyer who invested in it has an orchestra job (and hopefully reads talkbass). I would like to locate it, possibly to re-purchase but at least to pass along what I know about its history. The folks I bought it from in about 1980 were disappointed to hear I had let it go to an unknown party.

Just thought I would put it out here and see if anyone knows who the current owner is. Thanks in advance for whatever you know!!