Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tracking down a bass once owned

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by bassbaterie, Jul 2, 2005.

1. bassbaterie

bassbaterie

Dec 14, 2003
    Houston Texas
    Director, Quantum Bass Center
    I sold a bass through Bass Viol Shop in about 1990. Andy Stetson says he can't think of who would have sales records from that era if they any longer exist. It was a small 3/4 German bass, no label, attributed to "Glasel" from the early 1900's, dark red varnish, Stenholm endpin, restored with obvious re-edging on the top. It has a unique shape in that its lower bout is hardly wider than its shoulders, so the top looks like two out-toed horseshoes. Not an attractive bass shape but very distinctive, so I figure even without photos someone may remember having seen it. It is a good professional bass so chances are the buyer who invested in it has an orchestra job (and hopefully reads talkbass). I would like to locate it, possibly to re-purchase but at least to pass along what I know about its history. The folks I bought it from in about 1980 were disappointed to hear I had let it go to an unknown party.

Just thought I would put it out here and see if anyone knows who the current owner is. Thanks in advance for whatever you know!!