1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tracking down a buzz---help needed

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by oldmanp03, May 22, 2012.

1. oldmanp03

oldmanp03

Oct 7, 2010
    Here is my setup.

Stingray V
    Line 6 G50
    Boss Tuner
    Sonic Stomp
    VT Bass Deluxe
    Radial DI out to IEM's.

Ampeg PF 500
    Ampeg 410

I get a buzz in the IEM's, but only when I turn slightly, I dont get it when my back is facing the amp straight. If that makes sense.

There is no buzz through the cabinet, only in the IEM's. ANd it goes away in certain positions.

Any thoughts?

I have changed power supplies, DI's, bypassed pedals. It is odd and has me stumped.

2. guroove

guroove

Oct 13, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    It sounds like it is RF interference into your IEM receiver. Does anyone else hear the buzz?

3. oldmanp03

oldmanp03

Oct 7, 2010
    I am the only one who gets it, but that is most likely due to me having the bass up the loudest in mine.

Also, it goes away when I mute the chain with my tuner, or mute my channel on the board.

It also happens at every venue.

4. oldmanp03

oldmanp03

Oct 7, 2010
    I can also bypass my G50 and hard wire in and still hear buzz.

5. guroove

guroove

Oct 13, 2009
    Buffalo, NY
    Oh ok, so it sounds like it is in your signal chain, which negates my RF interference theory. Is the buzz a very high frequency sound in a range that your amp doesn't reproduce? You might want to get a shielding job done on your ray. Is there a way to apply EQ to the Radial DI output?

6. oldmanp03

oldmanp03

Oct 7, 2010
    Shielding brings up one of my theories. since it only happens when i turn the bass more towards the amp, it is starting with the bass, and it needs shielding?