Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tracy Beaker: UK kids show with loads of bass riffs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rockin John, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Thought I'd throw this one at you. It's on weekdays on the CBBC channel (Sky616, Freeview30 and cable) 5.30pm and someties an hour later, too. The shows are about 1/2 hour long.

The incidental music is V often nothing more than quirky bass riffs. Sometimes DB, sometimes BG and sometimes synth. (Of course, they could all be synth but do sound like DB and BG.)

Anyway, my young lad loves the show so I listen to the riffs. 'Picked up loads of good ideas and practice riffs.

Try it.

John

2. Heh heh heh... I noticed this earlier, 'specially on the intro. Sounds a hell of a lot like a real bass just doing the slap riff, just 'cos the popping sounds real as opposed to the mush you usually get with a synth slap bass sound.

It was weird, and it did make me think, but I was rocking out on my double bass at the time, so didn't think too much of it...

3. Have to agree about the music!

This show is one of my daughters favs. Even more so when she found out that one of her friends mothers is in the new series as the wicked new social worker. I think she comes into the show around christmas time.

Regards

Matthew