Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trade a 410 for a 212?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by quallabone, Feb 10, 2004.

1. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    Would it be wise of me to trade an ampeg 410HE for an SWR 212? Pro's and con's please if you don't mind. Cab will be powered by my Eden WT-600.

Thanks a lot.

Ohh and it will be used only with 4 stringers if that matters to anyone.

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    ANY other 212 than the SWR 212.

3. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    No.

In my opinion, it would be a bad idea. If you're only playing 4-string basses, the 410HE should work fine for you. Also, I've heard that SWR's 2x12 cabs are not very good, especially compared to the other 2x12's you can find for around the same price.

The two cabinets basically have the same frequency response, but with the 2x12, you would most likely not be able to cut through the mix as well as with the 410HE. I think you'd regret doing this. :)

4. Ncognito

Ncognito Banned Commercial User

Jan 8, 2002
    Hoffman Estates, Illinois
    Owner, Xsonics Bass Cabinets
    I've used an Eden 410xlt for about 8 years. I tried out a very well respected 212 cabinet for my gigs this weekend. I was very happy to return the 212 and get back to my 410.

Just my opinion.

Good luck!

5. swamprock76

swamprock76

Feb 15, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Well, I just did the opposite. I just got rid of my Eden D212 XLT and picked up the Ampeg PR410HLF. Keep in mind I also traded up from the Ampeg B2R to the SVT-4PRO head.

Depends on what your needs are. I needed to hold my own (no DI to the PA) in medium sized clubs with my cever band (mostly rock). I also needed something to handle the low B. My old rig did neither well at all. The new rig handles just about everything I can throw at it.

Good luck!
    -E.