1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trade Advice Fender USA P for Warwick MIG Steamer STD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JSandbloom, Dec 28, 2015.

1. JSandbloom

JSandbloom Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Redding, Ca
    Grace Guitars USA
    Hey there, I have been offered a MIG Warwick Streamer STD for my Fender MIA Special Honeyburst Precision. My precision is in near mint condition and the Warwick is a little rough around the edges.

The one thing I don't like about the Streamer standard is the bridge. I like my Warwicks with the 2 piece bridge. I see that I can buy the 2 piece bridge for a reasonable price. Is there enough room to accommodate the different bridge on the Streamer? I don't mind the dings soo much as it feeling and playing like a Warwick.

Also, this bass appears to be passive, which my Corvette is also passive. I love the passive tone from my corvette, should I expect the same quality of electronics in the Streamer then in the Corvette?

Attached is a picture of the bass.

Attached Files:

2. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    As a Warwick Fan I would say keep the P Bass. You Can do better than the Warwick streamer std. The Streamer standard was at the time the cheapest Warwick available. And really only worth $400-500 in good condition. Besides I keep hearing great things about the American Std P basses. You will probably regret trading it.

Inter-Bass likes this.
  3. JSandbloom

Feb 2, 2004
    Redding, Ca
    Grace Guitars USA
    So maybe alittle beat up worth about 350?

I have P basses coming out of my ears. What would you say a good straight across trade equivalent in Warwick world would be? The corvette, masterman etc.

4. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    I would say a fair trade is a near mint German Corvette STD or masterman or fortress or FNA. Specifically the active ones. The Streamer Std was the predecessor to the Rockbass line. And a beat up Streamer std $350 sounds fair

5. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    Definitely a rockbass, the bridge is the #1 giveaway. Would be a good trade for a mim p bass if you really wanted the warwick.

6. JSandbloom

Feb 2, 2004
    Redding, Ca
    Grace Guitars USA
    Yeah, I think I'd like to offer the 350 for it instead of a trade. Do you think a 2 piece Warwick bridge could be fitted on it?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020