1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trade: Ashdown pre for Demeter

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mikezimmerman, Sep 28, 2004.

1. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    OK, so I'm nuts--nothing new there. A little while ago I picked up a chrome-fronted Entwistle special edition Ashdown RPM-1 preamp. It looks and sounds great, but I find myself missing the sound of my old Demeter pre. So, anybody out there got a Demeter preamp they'd be interested in trading for the Ashdown? I'm particularly interested in the newer single-space units (VTBP-201s or HBP-1), just because I've gotten spoiled by having a mute switch.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Mike,

I've got a 201s I'd be willing to trade you but the rack ears have been bent (thanks UPS). Other than cosmetics, it's in perfect working order and fits fine in a rack.

Lemme know, eh?

3. mikezimmerman

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    The corner of one of the rack ears is bent on the Ashdown, too, but beyond that it's in fine shape--that's not a problem for me if it's not for you. Yep, I'm definately interested! Will shoot you a PM with contact info.

Mike

4. mikezimmerman

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Trade pending!