Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trade bait: MusicMan HD-500 Audiophile head

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Planet Boulder, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Just testign the waters to see if there might be something of interest in terms of trades. I really like this head, which is why I'm only really interested in a few possibilities at this time.

This is MusicMan Audiophile HD-500 head, which was made around 2001 and features 500 watts at 8ohms and two channels. The preamp is driven by a single 12AU7 (as opposed to the noisier 12AX7) tube and it includes a +10db pad instead of the standard negative pad that is commonly used for active inputs.

This head also includes the Loudspeaker Variable Response (LVR) feature, which allows you to essentially dial in a number of tones by simulating different cab/speaker dimensions. This makes the head quite versatile in terms of allowing you to dial in some vintage tones when needed as well as some more modern tones.

The head includes a footswitch, which allows you to turn off the boost and EQ and utilize the mute function.

EQ-wise, it features Bass, low mid, high mid and treble adjustments. It also features a simple limiter/compressor that allows adjustment for two settings: high and low.

This head was built in Italy and there are a few threads on the board which feature info, reviews, etc., if you care to search.

Basically, it's a great all-around, versatile head that offers plenty of power, even when run through a single, 8-ohm 4x10, such as I have done live. It is in very good shape and, like I said, I'm just testing the waters a bit to see what might be offered.

At this time, I'm really only interested in a different head, potentially, and I'm specifically interested in a G-K head, but I would entertain other potential head offers.

Feel free to PM me if interested.

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    PM sent

3. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    MINE!!!!! How's that for a fast pickup????

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    That was fast - this bad boy is off the market!

Thanks Ralphdaddy! :D

5. dhuffguitars

dhuffguitars Luthier/Bass Wanker depending on your opinion

Sep 18, 2001
    SPOKANE WA
    I have one of these, and they are great!

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    ...and they were made by MarkBass in Italy. Well made products.

7. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I heard they were made by Markbass, doesn't bother me, I have no issues with Italian manufacturing skills. Well, so long as we're discussing Ferraris and not Fiats!

Thanks again John, looking forward to getting this one into my grubby little paws. Something tells me this is going to be one of those "special" amps everyone in my band will love.