1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD TRADE BAIT Nordstrand Singlecut.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Danny R., Oct 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

On Hold :D

For trade only Nordstrand SC4 singlecut, absolutely beautiful!! the action is super low with zero fret-buzz and the tone is killer. Specs:

*Spalted horse chestnut top and back.
    *Alder core.
    *3 piece maple neck.
    *Pink ivory fingerboard and matching pickup covers.
    *Nordstrand pickups.
    *Aguilar OBP3 preamp.
    *Active/passive tone control.
    *Active/passive Switch.
    *Mute switch.

The bass was originally fretless but Master luthier Ray Rogers (Rbasses.com) installed vintage frets, the slap sound is killer!! there are no issues and the bass is in mint condition, I'm only trading it because I need the low B bad, I'll consider trades for a 5 or 6 string bass of the same caliber, I might consider a 4 stringer but I really need the low B.
    Feel free to ask any questions, more pics available upon request.

NordieFullBody.jpg
    NordieBody.jpg
    NordieBack.jpg
    NordieFullBack.jpg
    NordieNeckHeadstock.jpg
    NordieFrontAngle.jpg
    NordieBackside.jpg
    NordieFrontAngle2.jpg

2. Wolfehollow

Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    pm sent

3. Danny R.

Ash bodies and Wenge/Wenge necks are on top of my list :bassist:

4. dooft11

dooft11 Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    any chance to put it back to fretless? aiya!! how come.. fretted. this is one of the fretless i am saving up for

5. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I am sure you could get it done. Did talk to Ray and he said the slap sound on it when it was fretless was amazing, I think that is why he put them in there. He said it was a monster when he put them in. Not sure he dug the fretless sound of it as much as that sound.

Taking them out again probably would be no big deal.....tons of luthiers know how to do it......

6. Matt Power

Matt Power

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    Ahhh...my old fretless!

That bass was a KILLING fretless...I don't care what anyone says! That bass is Carey's first SC4 he built, and the tone is obscene! I hope someone snags this quick!

7. Danny R.

You are a sick man ;)

8. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    If Matt got it back *again*, I'm going to have a nice belly laugh. Please tell me you're going to have Carey take the frets out.

9. Matt Power

Matt Power

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    Hey now, Will.....:D
    Yes, I've had that bass twice now, and for a good reason! It really is an outstanding bass, and deserves to be a fretless.
    Being Carey's first singlecut 4 gives it a bit of a collectability-vibe. Worth every dollar I paid. Plus it has all of that Nordstrand-goodness that every one of Carey's basses has.
    I would buy it back, except my fretless Roscoe fills my "mwah-jones".

Free bump!!

10. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    PM sent

11. what are the specs (setup, weight) on this thing?

12. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    Hallelujah! Jacochops.. buy it back, this little boy deserve a good home!!!

13. Danny R.

Everybody keeps saying that, my home isn't good enough? but seriously, I've had a lot of great trade offers and I'm still deciding, I'll leave this thread open for a couple more days and then I'll make my decision.
    Thanks guys!!!

14. dooft11

Dec 30, 2003
    HongKong
    sorry danny. i am not saying your home is not good enough LOL...may be i just want this bass to go back to carey and be defretted asap.. good luck on the trade

15. Danny R.

No worries, I forgot to insert this ;) and I think that fretless basses are for people who can't afford frets :D

16. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    What are the chances that there are sound clips of the bass now, and also when it was fretless?

I hear you on the 'bringing it back to original' thing, but it has frets now, so even if you took em out it may not be 100% where it was. Especially if Matt is not going to rekindle with it. I would think either way it would smoke.

But clips of both of them would be great, especially for me who has nothing better to do than to listen to random clips ;)

17. Danny R.

I'll work on it, just give me a few days.

18. Danny R.

El bumpo :ninja:

19. bassmint42

bassmint42

Oct 17, 2006
    If you still have the bass, I am still putting a list of possibilities before I go the the Arlington Show this weekend. Plus, I will try and find a bass you would like to trade for your Nordstrand. Just let me know if it is still available. We talked on the phone a few days ago. I am in Kansas City.
    Thanks, Kurt

20. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    PM

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 15, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.