1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trade: EMJ J or Dimarzio Ultra Jazz for Dimarzio Model J

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mw, Dec 14, 2003.

1. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    i'm looking for a dimarzio model J(creme or black) to purchase or trade for either my EMG J pickup or a Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickup.
    the emj needs the 25K pot for volume/tone, but works fine despite a lot of use. i'm no longer running active so i don't use it.
    the dimarzio pickup is less than 6 months old and has seen minimal use. it sounds great, but i would rather go with the model J sound than the ultra jazz.

oh, i'm only looking for the j bridge pickup. my bass is a PJ and i'm quite happy with the p pickup that is already in there.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    How much would you sell the EMG for?
    I'm assuming that is a Bridge position, also?
    Do you have a picture if it?

3. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    $35 plus $5 shipping would be great for the EMG jazz. it is the bridge position btw. i can get pics up in a day or two. just gotta borrow a digi cam.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If it's not in horrible shape, I'll take it. :bassist:

Awaiting pics. :)

5. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    sorry for the delay!

here are two pics of the same j pickup.

[​IMG]

6. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    EMG J has sold!

i would be open to trading my remaining Dimarzio Ultra jazz J pickup for a model J. it is not available for sale, unless i buy a model J pickup.

7. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    bump! i'd be open to trading for a bartolini bridge pickup too...