Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trade: EMJ J or Dimarzio Ultra Jazz for Dimarzio Model J

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mw, Dec 14, 2003.

1. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    i'm looking for a dimarzio model J(creme or black) to purchase or trade for either my EMG J pickup or a Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickup.
    the emj needs the 25K pot for volume/tone, but works fine despite a lot of use. i'm no longer running active so i don't use it.
    the dimarzio pickup is less than 6 months old and has seen minimal use. it sounds great, but i would rather go with the model J sound than the ultra jazz.

oh, i'm only looking for the j bridge pickup. my bass is a PJ and i'm quite happy with the p pickup that is already in there.

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    How much would you sell the EMG for?
    I'm assuming that is a Bridge position, also?
    Do you have a picture if it?

3. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    $35 plus $5 shipping would be great for the EMG jazz. it is the bridge position btw. i can get pics up in a day or two. just gotta borrow a digi cam.

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    If it's not in horrible shape, I'll take it. :bassist:

Awaiting pics. :)

5. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    sorry for the delay!

here are two pics of the same j pickup.

[​IMG]

6. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    EMG J has sold!

i would be open to trading my remaining Dimarzio Ultra jazz J pickup for a model J. it is not available for sale, unless i buy a model J pickup.

7. mw

mw

Jul 24, 2000
    Cali
    bump! i'd be open to trading for a bartolini bridge pickup too...