1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD TRADE: Epi Rumblekat w/HC & upgrades for your P Bass!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lowbrow, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    I do not play this beaut… but before I found that out, I got it a pro setup, fret level, installation of a Hipshot Supertone bridge (3-point bridge retrofit, allowing improved intonation, etc --$100!) and Wilkinson tuners.
    • Lightly bedroom played - some very slight swirling.
    • This bridge is a great improvement; it is made for flat-topped basses (T-Birds, EBs) and on this curved top bass the luthier stabilized using gasket cork (photo) which has worked out perfectly, but still won't make me play this. Original bridge included. My post in the Parts & Repairs forum about this bridge mod.
    • Tuners are silver vs. gold. If you care, you care. If you don't, you're like me. Original tuners gone, swapped for the new ones!
    Do you have an "extra" P bass of some sort under the bed? Let's swap!

Looking for something light (8.5 or less) preferably with a vintage neck profile/frets; think MIM 50's Classic, Road worn, Squier Freeman etc. Will entertain alternate offers. Pickups are unimportant, I'm looking primarily at the wood. In fact, if you have a great bass with no electronics that is something to pitch.

No need to go into cash-for-cash value here, thanks - Looking for a straight-up swap only – I plan to mod the P and as such I want to trade what I don't need for what you don't need.

Thanks for looking!
    bassfront_zpsfbab3b81. basscase2_zpsfbf8348a. basscase1_zpsab44a868. bassback_zpse5eac02e. headstock_zps159de886. epibridgebottom_zps2eb359e9.

2. Ken R

Ken R Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Greater Knoxville TN
    The P bass you seek, is it only a Fender, or are you open to other brands? Do you want a pristine example of a P or can it have some wear and "mojo"?
    P only or would a P-J be ok?
    I have a few Fender P basses and a few Squier P and PJ basses, all in various conditions.
    I would like to have an Allen Woody, but I'm not sure if I have what you seek.
    Feel free to call Sunday after 10am Eastern Standard time.

Ken R
    843-696-4702

3. Lowbrow

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Hey, Ken - actually may have a trade in the works but should anything go south I'll give you a buzz, and thanks!

4. Lowbrow

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Pending trade is off - Ken, I'll be touching base with you as workday allows, or you can PM me.

Any others with offers, fire away! The KAT is prowling again! :bassist:

5. wodock

wodock Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Sergeantsville, NJ
    pm'd with extra p bass

6. Lowbrow

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Gibson & Epiphone Thunderbird and EB-0 players take note: The Hipshot Supertone retrofit bridge on this bass is a significant value-add; you can use it to upgrade the 3-point bridge on your favorite player and install the original 3-point bridge (included) back on this one! $110 value - YOURS for that P bass you don't play much!

7. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    PM ' ed

8. Lowbrow

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    TRADED!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.