Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Trade feeler - 5 string Warwick Corvette

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by permadave, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. permadave

permadave

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    edit: Ended up getting what I wanted on a non-related deal without trading this bass so this is off the block for now.

Am interested in a possible trade for a passive 5 string bass, or one that does both active and passive well. Top choices would be G&L 2500, Fender Roscoe Beck V, Lakland DJ5, or something else I haven't thought of yet. I am willing to go +/- cash on this, depending on whats on the table.

This '99 Corvette is truly awesome but one of my actives has to go to make way for something more vintage sounding. I am the original owner and I have recently had the bell brass frets replaced with nickel-silver, which I like much better. You can get very nice low action on this bass which is in VERY good condition. If you are thinking about a vette ,this is the one.

Attached Files:

2. permadave

permadave

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    bump for new pics

Attached Files:

3. So, you had Warwick's signature Bell Brass frets replaced? May I ask why?

-ryan-

4. permadave

permadave

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    The short story of it is that I wanted my Corvette set up exactly like my bass teachers Corvette, which played and sounded incredibly nice IMO. He had replaced the brass frets and so did I. I like them better and they don't get tarnished. I hated having to shine up those brass frets every few months, a real pain I thought.

5. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    :eyebrow: you "shine up" your frets?

6. permadave

permadave

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Jeez...everyone's a critic these days....

..but to answer your question:

Normally on my other basses, no... but with these brass ones I did that every couple of months whenever I polished the natural finish because they looked bad. I think just a testament to the fact that I take care of all my equipment well...or that I'm OCD, take your pick.

7. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Cleaning and polishing frets is a task that doesn't take long and can not only make them look better, but they seem better protected later. So you don't have to clean them as often.

Its a good practice along with a shot of lemon oil and a few other easy maintenence proceduces. Especially since the sting is already off when you do a restring anyway.

8. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    Way to love your bass. I thought I was the only one. 1+

9. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    interested in a fretless 5 ?

10. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    pics up,and posted under one of a kind fretless" in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.