1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Trade Feeler - EBMM 20th Anniversary Stingray 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Baird6869, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I love this bass, but I am leaning towards my Roscoes for gigs these days.

Honestly, this bass is too perfect to play at dumpy bars. As I have lots of basses... and those of you that know me know I move anything that doesn't get played.

This bass is as new. 100% mint. No scratches, swirling, zero fretwear, etc. and comes with an amazing special edition case.

Disclaimer: I wasn't happy with the trussrod on the original neck (couldn't get the action low enough) and it was sent to EBMM to be evaluated and a factory replacement was the best option. If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't know and this does not affect the value in any way as the replacement is EXACTLY the same as the old one. I believe in full disclosure.... so there you go.

I will post more pics if there is interest.

These seem to sell in the $1600-1900USD range, so a trade valued in this range would be what I am looking for. Trades I would consider? FBass BN5/6, 70's Jazz basses, Smith, MTD, Modulus, Pedula, Alembec, etc. Cash either way is fine if required.

Again, this bass is unplayed.

I am not interested in selling outright at this point.

Lastly, the maple top on this bass is the best I have ever seen on any EBMM bass except for a couple BFR's. It is truly amazing.

P1010489.
    DSC04004.
    DSC04003.

2. Baird6869

All PMs replied! Thx.

3. Baird6869

All PM's replied (I promise this time!)... sorry Bill! You know you have a GAS problem when you are replying to TB PMs on your Blackberry while driving!

4. Are the black knobs standard on the 20th Anni SR5? I ask because it never occurred to me before...

5. Baird6869

They were a $1500 upgrade!:p:D\

Honestly, I thought they were standard until you mentioned it. It seems they were an upgrade as most knobs on the 20th I quickly did a search for seem to be silver. This is a VERY rare bass.:rolleyes::D

Still available but good interest so far. Thanks!

6. Baird6869

More pics and a couple of questions answered....

1. The weight is VERY light for a SR5. I will weigh tonight but it is well under 10lbs. Lightest SR5 I have owned (I have owned 4 or 5 over the years).

2. The neck is a factory neck that was replaced by EBMM under warranty. No difference from the old one except the truss rod works. Al;so, there is ZERO fretwear as I have played this bass for maybe an hour total. I likely shouldn't have even mentioned the neck, but that is not how I do business.

3. Pics taken this morning below....
    P1010526.
    P1010528.
    P1010529.
    P1010530.
    P1010524.

7. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Maybe it's something they did to match the rosewood fretboard? I have a 20thSR5 HS with maple fretboard and it has silver knobs.

Scratch that. Google image search found me two rosewood 20th SR5s with silver knobs.

8. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    That is a friggin' awesome bass. Good luck!

9. Baird6869

Thanks! It is truly amazing. I just don't need 3 stingrays!

10. Baird6869

Oh, I finally got around to weighing this bass and it is between 9.75 and 10.0lbs. Not the lightest bas in the world, but very light for a SR5!

11. I have been looking for one of these...any interest in Sadowsky or Alleva Coppolo basses plus cash on your end?

Peace,

T

12. Trade for a Warwick Thumb 5?

13. Baird6869

PMs replied. Close to doing a deal though....

14. Baird6869

Done deal. Thanks pbass62.

Bass is heading to North Carolina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.