Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trade Feeler: Modulus for Bongo?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SoComSurfing, Jan 1, 2006.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I've got a Modulus fretted 5 that I'd kinda like to turn into a Bongo fretless 5. 2-tone sunburst, 1 EMG with 2-band EQ. It looks to be a Quantum Sweetspot, but I have never seen another with a pickguard. OHSC, used hard, but still sturdy. Bass is in good shape. A few small pressure dings in the back, but none through the finish, and the battery cover has cracked at one of the screw holes. Pictures here.

2. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    that's an old modulus m95(?)- not sure of the number, but it was supposed to be their attempt at a lower priced model. has the same neck and electronics, but a less fancy body. iirc, the body has some hollowed out spots to save on weight as well...

3. KeithPas

KeithPas

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    You should not have any trouble selling that Modulus for the price of a used Bongo 5 fretless. You might be looking for a while on a trade.

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Thanks, Fred, that knocked my memory loose! I remember now that it's an M-92. A Sweetspot without the fancy top. The Alder body is top routed like a jazz, so the pickguard is there to cover the routes. I'm in no desperate rush to get rid of this bass, so I'll be patient until the right one comes along.

5. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Cool looking Modulus you have there. Don't guess I've ever seen one quite like that :eyebrow: