1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trade Feeler / My ACME B4 for your ACME B2

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by BluesMan845, Mar 14, 2013.

1. I'm looking for an ACME B2, preferably the 4 OHM version. Series I or II isn't as important as long as it's in perfect operating condition ( i.e. no issues with drivers or attenuators )

If a series I then there would be some cash involved since I am giving a B4 for a B2. If it's a series II then I think I would be OK with an outright trade.

Not looking for anything but an ACME cabinet and it has to be a B2 model. I would also really prefer to trade with someone that is in driving distance of the NY/NJ border since it's going to be pricey and a PIA the ship a B4... but I don't want to write that possibility off because I know that will drastically lower my chances of finding another TB'er that is interested. Just stating that local trades will certainly get preference over all others.

If there is an interested party I'll snap some pictures of my B4 which is in the type of shape you would expect from a Series I. The rat fur isn't so pretty and it comes with some of my cat's fur ;) and there are some scuffs on the metal trim but operationally speaking it's still in great shape. My B4 is an 8 OHM version so make sure you have an amp that can feed it some wattage. My Carvin will send it 800 watts ( bridged ) and the Acme chews that up and spits it out. The power amps will start to clip at about 50 % power.

I purchased it used about 5 years ago from someone that seemed to take pretty good care of it and I believe they were the original owner but I honestly don't recall.

I should also note that I am NOT selling my Acme B4.. If you want it you need to have what I want in return ;)

2. Since I am limiting the options by looking for a local trade I will expand this to anyone CONUS. I have a Fedex account and I would be able to arrange delivery of my cabinet and a pick up of your cabinet. We can split the cost of the combined shipping.

I didn't mention why I'm looking to trade so... I started running a second cabinet ( Carvin RL210 ) for a little more bite in the midranges and running this configuration, my amp is just not putting enough watts into the B4 cabinet any more. The Carvin is only feeding it 275 watts which is just not cutting it. Running an Acme B2/4ohm will allow the Carvin to run 400watts into it which should be just about perfect.

3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Acme B2 Bump.
    I miss my old one.

4. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363972460.946926.

Bump with a picture I happen to have as my FB profile so it was on my phone.

Still looking for someone that might be interested.

5. Rev. Cornelius

Rev. Cornelius

Jan 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Would you consider 2 Acme B1's at 8 ohms each?

Thanks

6. I just might. What are each if them rated for wattage?