1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Trade Feeler:OLY White U.S. 62 RI J for OLY White U.S. 62 RI P?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Aragorn35016, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn35016

Aragorn35016 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    Just a P bass guy at heart I guess, thought Id throw this back out there to see if anyone would be interested in swapping a U.S. OLY white 62 reissue P even with me. I received it brand new from the factory via my local dealer a year ago this month, in great shape, no truss rod nut sink, only flaws on it are of course the mounting holes for the covers, a small indentation line on the paint where the bridge cover has been on it, and a pin sized sand through spot in the corner of the neck pocket where someone at the factory got sand happy. I experimented with a VVT control plate for a bit but returned it to its stock stack knob config after a couple of months.Comes with case and case candy. Looking for a Oly white U.S. 62 reissue P of similar condition dont mind of the holes are drilled for the covers as long as they are located in the right place. Edit: will also trade for a white 57 reissue P TRADES ONLY!!!

DSCF0272.

Picture661.

Pic before covers were installed:

Picture559.

2. Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    Bump for thread resurrection will add that since the original post that I have completely shielded this bass, and its pretty darn quite when soloing pickups. The only other wear I can find on it is a small deformation in the paint on the upper horn contour where Ive rested my chin on the bass while playing unplugged (nitro is soft!). Will also trade for a 57 RI as long as its white. The more local the trade the better!

3. Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    Wanted to add that I may be interested in trading toward a mid to late 70's P if the right one was to come my way, or for that matter if you have an 08 and up American standard model that you would like to trade toward mine maybe we could work something out as long as it isnt a burst finish. P 5's are a welcome trade as well! Again Id love to trade this to someone thats somewhat in driving distance (about 3 hours max) that maybe I can meet halfway to let each of us check each others basses out!

4. Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    One more pic of the body that's a little closer up:

DSCF0031.

Is there no J bass love out there?

5. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    what about an 08 P in oly white and a rosewood board?

6. Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    Possibly, Id love to have a look at it if you have pics to shoot me in a PM!

7. Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    Daily Bump, wow its been surprisingly slow on this one!

8. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    How about a USA 57 P in 2 tone burst?

9. Aragorn35016

Jul 3, 2004
    Arab, Al.
    Id be up for that! PM sent your way!

10. Aragorn35016