1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trade Feeler: R bass single cut 6 bolt on

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by richst, Jan 17, 2012.

1. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    This is a long shot but I'm gonna throw this out there.

I got this in a trade about 6 months ago. It has since been back to Ray to get it set up perfectly. It plays great with super low action and no buzzes. Swamp ash body and maple neck with a Jatoba finger board. Jatoba sounds very much like ebony. It has Nordstrand single coil pickups and a brand new Aguilar OBP3. 19mm string spacing and weighs 11 lbs. according to my cheapie bathroom scale. It's very comfortable on 4 hour gigs and balances perfectly. It will ship in a Gator semi hard case. This bass sounds a lot like a Smith with the tight pickup spacing. Very punchy sound. I've done a bunch of dance band gigs with it as well as some jazz gigs. Killer bass and will not mind keeping it.

I'm looking for a 6 string Jazz bass like a Performance 6 or Atelier 6. I will add $'s if I have to. Ash body and maple neck with maple or rosewood FB preferred. I really am looking for 21 or 22 fret neck if possible and 60's or 70's pickup spacing and 18.5 or 19mm bridge spacing. I also prefer jumbo frets.

Attached Files:

2. btbraden

btbraden

Sep 9, 2005
    Oroville, CA
    I remember this one was working on a trade with the previous owner before u got it, love that combo of woods and colors

3. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah I traded with him for my old beat up Fbass which I loved. I finally decided I had to standardize my string spacing cuz I was having trouble going back and forth. It's made a big difference. Some folks think it's too wide but actually it feels better than the narrower spacing. The only time it gets tough for me is if I'm playing all night on the low B string by the nut. If you are gonna do that you might as well leave the 6 at home and bring a 5.

A couple more pics. BTW, the build quality on Ray's basses is killer. Perfect neck pocket and just amazing attention to detail. Here are a few more pics......

I just noticed that these are the old pics. It had an aluminum 20mm bridge on it. It now has a chrome 19mm hipshot A brass bridge. Better sustain and tone IMO.

Attached Files:

4. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    6 string J bass trade??

5. Bump for my old bass! Best of luck with the sale my friend.

6. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Thanx dude. I doubt I'm gonna get what I want in trade. This bass is so close except for the amount of frets and pickup placement. Ray put a killer setup on it. I wont have a problem keeping it for a while. It plays great. Take care.

7. Staffordness

Staffordness Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Uncle rich how are you. Got a 6 string jazz bass but I'm not sure if its what you want.

8. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    OK..........I'll bite..............whatchagot?

9. richst

richst Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Last try........6 string jazz bass?? 19mm spacing