1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Trade Feeler: Schecter Ultra Bass for Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassphreak, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bassphreak

bassphreak Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    I have a 2004/2005 Schecter Ultra Bass (Ultrabass) that I am considering trading. It is in perfect condition. This one has the inverted headstock and has a very retro look. Tone and feel are excellent but it is much different tone than the Fender Jazz. This does have a thin, jazz type neck.

These are now discontinued so I am struggling with the decision to let it go. I've only seen 2 of these pop up on eBay and haven't seen any here.

Have a guitar research bag for it.

If I were to sell outright I would be looking for $500 shipped. They would go for about $650 new. Primary reason is that it is in excellent condition, new black beauties, bag and it's ultra rare.

The specs from MF:

The Schecter Ultra Bass has a body and headstock shape all its own-a retro modern vibe. Its neck has a fast feel and Ultra Access design gives free access to the top of the fingerboard. Mahogany body with thick center, set maple neck give it great resonance and tone, and EMG-Hz pickups with 2-band active EQing give it a strong, versatile voice. A really nice axe!

Schecter Ultra Bass Features:

* Mahogany body with raised center
    * Set maple neck with Ultra Access
    * 34" scale
    * Rosewood fingerboard
    * 22 jumbo frets
    * EMG-Hz pickups
    * Active 2-band EQ
    * Master volume, blend, high tone, low tone controls

What I am looking for (FENDER):

++++ GAS for a MIA jazz deluxe (but probably can't come up with the extra cash)
    +++ primarily interested in a Geddy.
    +++ still love the jaguar
    ++ highway one jazz would be be seriously considered
    + jazz deluxe (MIM) or CIJ jazz

Thanks.

2. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    closer pic of the body - front and back

3. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    Updated the original post to include a possible price. I found a highway 1, geddy and jag, but none are interested in a trade. I'm asking $500 shipped. This bass is in excellent condition, and very very rare. Thanks for looking.

4. bassphreak

Feb 13, 2007
    Lehigh Valley Area, PA
    Bump since there is a Geddy and Jag on the classifieds.

I would be willing to include a Sansamp Bass Driver DI with the Schecter for a total shipped price of $550 while there is a Geddy and Jag around for my Fender GAS.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.