Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trade Feeler/SWR Super Redhead

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Chef, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Bought this new around 2001...I can get the serial number/date off it for interested parties. This was my primary work horse for several years, but mostly on upright, and I'm easy on gear. It's in great shape.
    Typical SWR tube pre/solid stae power, 350 Watts @ 4 Ohms 400 Watts @ 2.67 Ohms (with 8 ohm extension speaker) 450 Watts @ 2 Ohms (with 4 ohm extension speaker) Note: Internal speaker impedance is 4 ohms. 80 pounds total with cover.

I'm not sure what I'd find interesting to trade for?
    SWR Silverado 4x8 combo might be one thing...Pretty sure I don't need more basses, but a Reverend BH5 in a funky color would be cool...I know I'm being vague, but I've got most everything I need right now, and this amp just sits in my basement wishing for work...

Thanks, Alan

2. woodshed

woodshed

Jul 18, 2005
    Want to sell it outright? Price shipped to IN 46725? Thanks!

Scott

3. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Hey Scott;
    Not yet, but maybe later?...
    I'd be looking to get ~ $800+ the ride...I beleive it weighs around 80lbs, so maybe 90 with packaging? My zip here is 65203 if you want to use the fedex or ups rate calculators to get yourself an idea of shipping...

Thanks-Chef

4. Rodent

Rodent Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Regenerate Guitar Works
    Hey Scott,

If Chef decides not to sell his for a cash deal, I have a similar Super Redhead combo that is in near mint condition (no blemishes or problems, and it's always been in a smoke free atmosphere.) I'd be willing to do the same deal of $800 + actual shipping. I ran a shipping estimate from 98275 to your door for FedEx Ground, and it came to just a few pennies shy of $57.

I can send images if you would like. Drop me a note if things don't work out with Chef.

All the best,

R

5. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Scott...what the heck, cash works too.
    You want photos and stuff? I'll get you a shipping quote if you like. I don't have a box for it, so a trip to the UPS Store for one will be in order...
    Lemme know if you want to move forward-Chef