Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Trade feeler: Thunderchief for Thunderchief

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by HeavyDuty, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I really love my faithful Tacoma Thunderchief four, but my playing style is beginning to depend on a low B due to my arthritis getting worse. So, the poor baby has been seeing a lot of case time.

It's the model with no electronics; a K&K Pure bridgeplate transducer was added with a factory plug-through endpin (no drilling!). I use it with an external K&K preamp (will be included) when I plug in, or just plug it in directly - the pickup is hot enough to do this, and the tone is pleasant. It's has LaBella nylon tapes on it since I got it new; the frets are pristine due to this. Condition is very good with minor playing wear - no gouges or dings. My HSC is brand new, so unless yours is in equivalent condition and of the same type, I'd prefer not trading cases.

Does anyone have a Thunderchief five they'd be willing to trade? I'm willing to put money into the deal for the right trade.

2. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Connecticut
    bump, if you were a 5 looking for a 4 I'd help you out, but I only gots me a 4 string 'chief. :)

3. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Me too!

dcr

4. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I'm looking for a fiver myself.. I was hoping you wanted to trade the other way around. :)

Have you considered tuning yours BEAD?

5. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I might end up doing just that!

6. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Connecticut
    ^ wait, how does that effect arthritis? I thought you needed B string as a thumb spot, not because it... was easier for arthritis?

I mean, free bump. lol. But I'm curious as to how that assists arthritis.

Arthritis runs in my family on my Mom's side... I don't have it yet. But.
    Curiousity for the future maybe.

7. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Notes on a B string are easier to fret than on an E due to lesser tension. Your hand is also fretting those same notes farther up the neck which generally means it's "centered" as far as your wrist's range of motion is concerned. Both of these allow for less joint stress as you're fretting, which makes your arthritic hands hurt less.

8. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    What he said!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.