Trade Feeler: Trace pre/power amp combo for nice amp head

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Planet Boulder, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Okay - I'm putting out feelers on this one to see what might pop up.

I'm not really sure that I want to give up my beloved Trace setup, so it would have to be a NICE head for me to do so.

Here's what I have:

1) 80s Trace MkV preamp
    - rack ears
    - 11 band EQ
    - solid state
    - front panel effects loop and XLR out
    - includes foot pedal

2) 80s (or early 90s?) RA500sx power amp
    - 500 LOUD(!!!!!) watts (if you know about the old Trace units, you know they are loud as hell. This thing is no exception)
    - LED meters on front to indicate input levels
    - mono/stereo switch
    - crossover adjustment
    - 1/4" and XLR speaker outs

Both are in good condition, especially considering their age. The caps are missing on the volume knobs for the power amp and on the level knob for the preamp and the front panel cover is peeling on the power amp, none of which affects performance in any way.

Still not sure if i really want to let this go yet as it is a pretty amazing setup ,especially for Trace fans like me. It's just that I've really got a thing for GKs and Edens, which I would consider in trade. Specifically, I would consider a newer GK 1001RBII or a 2001. I would also consider an Eden 800 or a similar higher end, higher powered head.

My other rack setup has a GK 700RBII, so the Trace setup is my "louder" setup for larger gigs (outdoors, etc). Thus, I need a high-powered unit if I'm going to trade this away.

Note that the rack, compressor and power conditioner you see in the pic are NOT included - just the preamp and power amp.

Feel free to PM me with offers, questions, abuse, etc.

Oh, and the VW bus on the front of the power amp is just a magnet.