1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Trade Feeler (with specifics) Lakland JO5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DWBass, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have a Lakland Skyline JO5 in excellent condition, 9/10 condition. It's been upgraded with Nordstrand Split Coils and an Audere V/V/ 2band eq Treble/Bass. Cavity has also been shielded. I no longer have the original pickups or control plate. Natural w/Mint PG. Lightweight. Can't be more than 9lbs tops. Reason I'm switching is my current gig does not require a 5 string and I also want to get back to 34" scale. I have another 5 string in case I need one.

Trades I'm looking for are......
    Stock Fender American Standard/Deluxe/FMT/QMT 4 or 5 string Jazz in White or Black or Sunburst or CAR. Must be in excellent condition. Must be lightweight. No FrankenFenders

Lakland Skyline JO4 w/maple board (+cash) must be lightweight. Any finish but Natural.
    Skyline DJ4 (w/Maple or Rosewood board)(+cash) must be lightweight. Any finish but Natural.
    Will consider other Jazz basses! Carvin SB4000, Valenti's..... Any finish but Natural.
    Will consider other (non Fender) 4 or 5 string basses. Must be in nice shape and lightweight. No natural finishes!

Low priced Fender Custom Shop 4 string Jazz with the same general description as above. I know this is a long-shot request! Willing to add a couple hundred bucks to facilitate a deal.

If nothing comes my way, I'll have no problem keeping the Lakland. Pics of me playing it below.

Now also for sale. $1200 (shipped w/gig bag) or best reasonably sane offer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    untitled3.

Ok, gonna add a F/S price to this. $1200 (shipped w/gig bag) or best reasonably sane offer. I'm not planning to take a loss on this and it's why I prefer a trade. My ears are open to offers.

2. nice gig pictures, somebody buy that bass!

3. leurastus

leurastus

Jun 7, 2005
    Bump!

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

100_0998.
    100_1002.
    100_1003.
    100_1004.
    100_1005.
    100_1010.

5. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Nice bass! What year is it? Korea or Indonesia?

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Added a F/S tag to this. $1200 or best reasonably sane offer! Low ball offers will be ignored!

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

2006/Korea.

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Bump. Nobody wants a nice JO5? C'mon, somebody help me get my Fender! :)

9. austentaciousC

austentaciousC

Mar 17, 2010
    pm sent

10. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

Hey Dave....Damn fine looking bass!! If I needed yet another 5'er......

Great pics too....now I know "where be da funk!!"

Stay well, my Brutha 'o funk!!

11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Hey, I'm in the process of upgrading that 'Fender' Jazz. Put some Hipshot tuners on it and just had some Fender Noiseless pickups installed. I'm ordering an Audere pre for it.

12. Bump for an awesome bass that looks very much like one that I used to own (it's not though).

13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Bump!

14. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    ...so I stopped at Dave's house to see this JO5 for myself. Got to test-drive it thru his GB Shuttle / Avatar rig. Man-o-day, this is the ultimate Jazz killer! A few observations:

*Really light for a Skyline...no more than 9 lbs. IME.

*The Nordy / Audere really shines with a firm low-end presence and transparent top-end. I ran it with the EQ flat and the balance was perfect. The Audere's "Z" switch adds different color options but I preferred it in the middle / normal setting.

*The neck is super-fast and Dave has the action set-up exactly like I do on my Skylines...medium low with no fret noise whatsoever.

*Okay, while its not showroom new, I couldn't find a nick, ding, or blem on it anywhere.

FWIW, Dave can really play (unlike me) and maybe a portion of his mojo / chops will pass on to the new owner.

Riis

15. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Thanks for the review (and compliment), Riis! Was good to see you again.

After some serious thought, I have decided to take this off the market and keep her. Thanks for watching! :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.