1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trade for a Curbow 5???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by spanky_123, Jun 11, 2005.

1. spanky_123

spanky_123

Dec 7, 2004
    Hey guys... and gurls, I currently have a jersey custom 5 string, not a huge name but very high quality sounds much like an ibanez SRX, recently I played a Cort Curbow 5 string ( the bass I originally dreamed of) and now the dealer is offering me a trade for it, the cort has active electronics while mine doesn't... but I love the growly metallic tone of my bass and want to know if I can still get that with the active pup because I've never played one before... I tried it out in the shop but the owner is a little quirky so I try not to stay around to long. Any ideas? I can't get my mind off this bass but I am worried about getting the wrong end of the deal as my bass is a little rare... and I play everything from jazzy fusion and grind to straight up heavy metal and occasionally country-looks ashamed- lol

2. IcoHolic

IcoHolic

Aug 31, 2004
    I own a Curbow 5 and Curbow 6, there haven't been too many tones I've been unable to attain. I find the Curbows can thump and be quite mellow.

I think if you tell him you wanna make the trade, but need to be able to thump with the Curbow a bit... most retailers I've been to will let you take it home for a night.

I have no idea what a Jersey is worth though.