1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Trade-in Cash Out" -- what B.S.!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Top_Ten, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Top_Ten

Top_Ten Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, so sorry if it seems OT . . .

Anyway, has anyone tried this "Trade-in Cash Out" deal that MF and Music 123 is offering? You tell them what gear you have to sell and then they make you an offer to buy it from you.

So I have an Epifani T-212 cab that I want to unload, and I thought I would see what they would offer. I put in the quote request, and they came back with an offer of . . . wait for it . . . $108!

Now I now times are tough, the used gear market probably is not so great right now, and these folks need to buy low to make a profit. But $108 for an Epifani T-212? That's about what the padded cover alone would cost! It's just silly, and a waste of my time.

I guess that's it -- just a little gripe and a warning not to waste your time with these jokers.

2. what did you expect? Honestly?

Dan

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Bastages!! I'll give you $110 for it right now!!! :D

-robert

4. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Wow! I've heard of lowballing, but that's just crazy.

BTW, I'm on the hunt for a standalone cab - is yours 4 or 8 ohm? Is it in classifieds?

5. I guess they figure if they can get a few desperate people who need some quick cash to bite, it's a quick way to make some easy money. Basically a no risk revenue stream for them.

Though that begs the question: What if you have something along the lines of a Squier P-bass to sell? Are they going to quote you like five bucks or something?