1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trade in my Schecter for...???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Snerek, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Snerek

Snerek

Jan 12, 2007
    i've been playing bass for about 3 years and i've always played a 5 string... however lately i've been considering replacing my schecter 5 string with a jazz 4 or something else..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Elite5-Bass?sku=513052

how much do you think i could get for that bass? i could sell it back at my local shop and or craigslist... what do you guys think?

good move or not? should i just stick with what i got?

my rig is a ampeg SVT 4 pro and an ampeg 6x10HLF cab. i feel like i have a great rig with an average bass, i might want to get a Fender Jazz for that killer rig..

ya dig?
    peace, Derek

2. I would stick with a 5 unless you really dont ever use the low B. All I own are 5vers. I sold my 4s.

Schecters are awesome basses. The only drawbacks are the EMG-HZ pups, but that can be fixed with a pup upgrade. Also not a fan of the narrow string spacing. Other than that the quality and playability is awesome. My Stilletto Custom 5 has the punchiest B string!

3. Snerek

Snerek

Jan 12, 2007
    yeah, i use the low B string, but i think i could still get enough lows with the 4string. plus i dont like how heavy my bass is. lighter and smaller neck will mean faster better playing

4. Hmmm..The Schecters are pretty light and the neck is pretty narrow for a 5. You have the neck through which has a little wider spacing than the bolt ons. When I play my Schecter after I play my MTD or Jazz 5 it feels like a 4 to me since it has a narrow neck.

So... as for a 4 stringer. Get a Fender Jazz or a Music Man Sterling.

5. John127

John127

Nov 13, 2007
    New York City

Everyone's different, of course, but I play faster on a 5 due to the string spacing.

6. ihateusernames

ihateusernames

Jun 26, 2006
    for trade value, check average prices on ebay and cut in half. that's about what you could expect and still get a discount on a new instrument. if you go in with those expectations anything more is gravy on the deal. trade in value is always significantly less than private used market.

good luck

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021