trade in the old amp or?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MCBTunes, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Well I am upgrading my bass amp combo and I have given myself a few options. I have an older Crate BX25, 25 watt practice amp. I will be upgrading to 200ish watts so i can play with my friends a little more. I am only willing to spend at max 350USD.

1. The music store I bought the amp from in 1999 says they will give me the 160USD I paid for it then on trade for a better amp there. so I can get one worth 510USD.

2. I can Keep the amp and use it for my microphone, or as a nice small practice amp. And purchase an amp on ebay for 350 and have 2 amps.

My amp is probably only worth about 80 (acording to Long and Mcquade)bucks so I am thinking I should trade it in and if I want to pick up a small amp again i can. However this is quite a nice 25 watt amp with a 12 inch speaker. so I kinda want to keep it and you can get really good deals on ebay.

Any suggestions?
  2. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    if you are in CAN. get a yorkville xm200 or xm200t they Jam!!
  3. I actually played the 200watt Yorkville 15" and 2x10, preffered the 2x10 but that was at long and mcquade.... not sure what the other place "Music Center" deals with. we'll see when I check them out in a few days.
  4. I'd trade it in, sounds like a great deal for upgrading to me. This would mean you essentially got to borrow that amp from them for 5 years.

Besides, you'll have a really nice practice amp once you spend the $510 on a bigger rig - it'll have a volume knob.
  5. Haha, funny about the volume knob... I was playing today on a 200 watter, the volume was at 3 and it was friggin loud haha. the bass was turned up though, so I imagin it could go quite a bit quieter.
  6. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    trade it in, they're giving you a deal, and with the restrictive budget you're imposing on yourself, you need all the help you can get