Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fleabass89, May 11, 2001.

1. I currently have a P-bass that I bought for 300 bones last year. There is a warrantly where I bought it, and I can return it for a full refund for any reason within a year. I'm thinking about getting my $300 back, and using the $170 I have saved up, plus the $100-$200 my parents are willing to give me, to get a better bass. My P is nice, but... it's been more trouble than it's worth, and I am getting tired of seeing it around..time for something new. I was thinking of an Ibanez BTB405QM bass... sounds nice, feels nice and looks sick (in a good way of course) i tried one out at the store along with soundgear. it was of course better than the soundgear although i liked it also. I was initially drawn to the soundgear because of it's price, but why get it and want something better soon? What are your thoughts? I know most of you are going to say "Keep the P-bass" because it's a Fender,and fenders are so almighty. So what are your thoughts on this?
  2. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    You get a full refund even if it's trashed?
  3. :rolleyes:Well, im not too sure about that, but there is a full refund for "any reason" whatsoever, but that probably doesnt apply if it recieved any abuse.
  4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    It sounds like you are looking for something under those conditions(full refund)....I would definitely trade it in.
    By the way...WHAT store is this???...:)
  5. phogchris

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Yeah, where is this place?!?!?!
  6. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    "Keep the P-bass" because it's a Fender,and fenders are so almighty.
  7. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I'm assuming it's a MIM p-bass. So... why don't you upgrade it? It seems to be the reason people buy MIM's. I'm not trying to be suggestive or anything, just trying to let you notice the other options.

8. Edgar

Nov 4, 2000
    Montreal, QC, CA
    Keep the P and save as much as you can before the end of the year. Maybe you'll change you mind about the Ibanez...maybe not.
  9. The place I'm talking about is Hollowoods in Pittsburgh, PA.

However, I don't think this applies to all the basses/guitars, because when I was there choosing my bass, the guy told me about the warranty on the P-bass, so I got that.

I think I would rather get the BTB instead of upgrading the P.