1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trade is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by azfryguy, Apr 22, 2010.

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. azfryguy

azfryguy

Feb 2, 2010
    Queen Creek AZ
    My Ibanez srx2ex2 for a jackson kelly?

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    If you like the other one better, do it. If you don't, don't.
    Tone, weight, balance, neck, string spacing. Scratchy pots? Bad action? Color? Lots of things to consider besides 'worth'.

3. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Let me just say:

there are too many variations of the Kelly, from crap to gold, so just saying "Kelly" doesn't give enough information honestly.

I'm a Jackson collector, so I'm biased about "would I buy a Jackson over an Ibanez" type of question.....but if the bass is what you are looking for in tone/playability and looks..hell ya why not trade right?

4. MrGotBass

MrGotBass

Jul 28, 2009
    I vote carrots...

5. azfryguy

azfryguy

Feb 2, 2010
    Queen Creek AZ
    well i know its looked down upon for a bassist to trade his bass for a guitar but i dont have one and would like one

6. Beginner Bass

Beginner Bass

Jul 8, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    A&R, Soulless Corporation Records
    Only you can decide that.

7. azfryguy

azfryguy

Feb 2, 2010
    Queen Creek AZ
    are they both of equal value

8. Pics of both or atleast pics of the models in question?

9. azfryguy

azfryguy

Feb 2, 2010
    Queen Creek AZ
    sorry no pics its not letting me put them tb

10. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    upload them to photobucket and post the links in the message here. the pics you have may be above the resolution/mB limit of the forum....

my question is still... you already checked out the kelly right?, so why do you have to ask us if you should trade? if you like the feel and sound of the yamaha better keep it. If you like the looks of the kelly and the tone is adequate enough " for now" trade it...simple huh? :smug: