1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trade my acoustic b410 for a hartke transporter?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by A-Step-Towards, Apr 9, 2010.

1. I got an acoustic b410 for really cheap with a b200h head , both for 290$. The acoustic cab just seems , well heavy and junky , the tolex tears if you look at it wrong and i perfer metal grills to protect the speakers.

I can sell my acoustic cab for 190$ and pickup a used Hartke transporter? So i would have 90$ in my pocket and the hartke instead, but is the hartke a better cab, if its worse i will just keep my acoustic because i dont see how a cab can really be much worse.

btw the Hartke is in fine working order.

EDIT the hartke is over 20 pounds lighter , so i am pretty set on getting it , the acoustic is way to heavy.

2. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Don't get the Transporter.
    Spend a little more for the XL

3. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    A-Step,
    I'm like you, the G.C. Acoustic 410 didn't do anything for me either.
    I do think their 115 cabinet is much better sounding.
    Between the two, I think you'd be better off with the Hartke, or even better yet, save up some more and look into a Avatar Neo 410.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    transporter is crap. the acoustic cab is better. if you want to go hartke, xl or hydrive only, preferably hydrive. the most important part of your rig is the cab imho. it pays not to skimp. however, if you have to skimp, avatar seems to be the best bet for your skimping dollar. or keep your acoustic and be gentler with it. the acoustic's not a great cab, but it's decent enough for what you paid.

5. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I'll have to disagree with Jimmy on this one. :)
    There's "cheap" bass cabinets and there's "inexpensive" bass cabinets.
    You can get alot of cab for your money with Avatar, and IMHO, Avatar's are right on par with most of the commercially made-brand name cabs that are available.
    The main reasons Avatar is less expensive than brand names is because they don't maintain a dealer network, (their all mail order), and they only have four bass cab types to build and make available. A 210, 410, 112, and a 212.
    My theory is...If Avatar was availabe in stores and cost twice as much...they'd have a larger fan base!

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    you may be right about that, shooty. i've only heard the 210 but it's got a really good sound. even more reason to call it your best bet for your skimping dollar ;)