Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trade? My Dem 201S/PLX1602 for MB M-2000

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by lo-freq, Jul 6, 2004.

1. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I am interested in trading my 99% mint Demeter VTBP-201S and QSC PLX1602 for a Mesa Boogie M-2000 (with footswitch) if it's in really good condition.

Don't currently have pics, but I'll try to get some if someone is interested.

2. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Sent you a PM......

3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Would you be interested in an M-Pulse 600?? I could even drive it up there to ya if you wanted. Comes with the footswitch and everything. Pretty close to mint.

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Thanks, but no.

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I believe I've changed my mind about the M-2000 trade.

I will just keep my current rig.

Thanks anyway.

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Just FMI, how would you describe the Demeter pre? Is it pretty much clean and round like the Alembic? I'm looking to see what preamp I should buy first, as I want to have an RBI and then one for more clean sounds. Just curious. Thanks.

7. John;

Wise decision. There's hardly anything out there that can beat your current setup. I had the M2000 for a few years. It really is a work horse but honestly only sounds excellent at larger venues.

Cheers

Jorg

8. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Faster, cleaner, & more articulate, with more mids available than an Alembic.
    With a good tube swap very round, smooth, and musical.

The Alembic is warmer and has more low end boost available.
    I would say that the F1-X has a little more tonal versatility especially if you like a scooped sound.

I wish the Dem 201S bass control had a lower turnover point available, but I use the one on my SR5 (40Hz) so I have that covered. I can get all the power in the low end I can stand.