Trade? My Dem 201S/PLX1602 for MB M-2000

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by lo-freq, Jul 6, 2004.

1. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I am interested in trading my 99% mint Demeter VTBP-201S and QSC PLX1602 for a Mesa Boogie M-2000 (with footswitch) if it's in really good condition.

Don't currently have pics, but I'll try to get some if someone is interested.

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    buMp

3. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    Sent you a PM......

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Would you be interested in an M-Pulse 600?? I could even drive it up there to ya if you wanted. Comes with the footswitch and everything. Pretty close to mint.

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Thanks, but no.

6. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I believe I've changed my mind about the M-2000 trade.

I will just keep my current rig.

Thanks anyway.

7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Just FMI, how would you describe the Demeter pre? Is it pretty much clean and round like the Alembic? I'm looking to see what preamp I should buy first, as I want to have an RBI and then one for more clean sounds. Just curious. Thanks.

8. John;

Wise decision. There's hardly anything out there that can beat your current setup. I had the M2000 for a few years. It really is a work horse but honestly only sounds excellent at larger venues.

Cheers

Jorg

9. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Faster, cleaner, & more articulate, with more mids available than an Alembic.
    With a good tube swap very round, smooth, and musical.

The Alembic is warmer and has more low end boost available.
    I would say that the F1-X has a little more tonal versatility especially if you like a scooped sound.

I wish the Dem 201S bass control had a lower turnover point available, but I use the one on my SR5 (40Hz) so I have that covered. I can get all the power in the low end I can stand.