Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trade: My Demeter Pre for your Aguilar Pre

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by peabody, Dec 28, 2004.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Howdy:

I had this under the Gear Wanted section and decided to move it here.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    I was wondering if there was anyone out there who would be interested in trading their Aguilar preamp (DB659) for my Demeter VTBP 201s. The Demeter is like new and only has a couple of "scuffs" on the top that must have occured while racking it. I bought it from the original owner about 6 months ago and it has only been out of my basement once for one gig. It is in perfect working condition and includes the original packing box and manual. I would certainly consider trading for the Aguilar DB680 as well.

Or....

If you happen to own an Aguilar DB750, I would also be interested in trading my entire rack system for your DB750. My rack rig is the Demeter described above, a Stewart World 1.6 amp, Furman PL-Plus and a brand new SKB 4 space Roto rack. All are in excellent condition. This is a killer rig and pretty lightweight (only about 45 lbs).

As you can tell, I have an itch for the Aguilar sound.

I'm not interested in any other trades or cash offers at this point...just what's listed above. Thanks!!

Dave

2. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Dude....I've noticed that you've had this post on here and bassgear.com both for a while now. Why not just sell the Demeter and look for a used Aggie?

3. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    To be honest, I just started this search (and postings) this last weekend. I've contacted a couple of people who were looking to switch, but these are my first attempts to advertise my search. Maybe at some point if the urge gets too bad I'll consider selling the Demeter, but at this point I'm just looking at the trade route. Thanks...

4. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Bumpy New Year