Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trade my MIA P-bass neck for a J-neck (sale considered)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by junglebike, Dec 6, 2003.

1. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    I've got a 2002 P-bass neck that's just too wide at the nut for me. Looking for a replacement that's narrower. Anyone have the opposite problem and want to swap?

It's in perfect condition, rosewood board. I'd prefer a rosewood J-neck to swap it with. I'll sell the neck outright if need be for a reasonable offer.

I'd prefer one with the reinforcing rods (MIA 2000+ I believe), as I use heavy flatwound strings.

pete

2. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    I don't have a trade, but if you decide to sell that neck, please let me know. I'm in the market. Thanks

3. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Okay, I gave up and got a warmoth jazz neck!

Not exactly sure what a 2002 P-bass neck is worth. One just went instantly on e-bay BIN for $250, and it was an older one (1997) without the graphite reinforcing rods. How 'bout $250 shipped?

4. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Sounds reasonable to me. I've sent you an email so we can work out the details. Thanks