1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trade my MIA P-bass neck for a J-neck (sale considered)

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by junglebike, Dec 6, 2003.

1. junglebike

junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    I've got a 2002 P-bass neck that's just too wide at the nut for me. Looking for a replacement that's narrower. Anyone have the opposite problem and want to swap?

It's in perfect condition, rosewood board. I'd prefer a rosewood J-neck to swap it with. I'll sell the neck outright if need be for a reasonable offer.

I'd prefer one with the reinforcing rods (MIA 2000+ I believe), as I use heavy flatwound strings.

pete

2. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    I don't have a trade, but if you decide to sell that neck, please let me know. I'm in the market. Thanks

3. junglebike

junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Okay, I gave up and got a warmoth jazz neck!

Not exactly sure what a 2002 P-bass neck is worth. One just went instantly on e-bay BIN for $250, and it was an older one (1997) without the graphite reinforcing rods. How 'bout $250 shipped?

4. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Sounds reasonable to me. I've sent you an email so we can work out the details. Thanks