1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trade? My USA Washburn XB-925 fretless/zebrawood/Barts for your 6-string fretted!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DanielleMuscato, Aug 16, 2007.

1. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Endorsing Artist, Schroeder Cabinets
    Hey folks,

I have a Washburn XB-925 fretless bass, made in Chicago, USA. I bought it from an authorized Washburn dealer, Hennessey Music, in Columbia, MO on 10-9-2004 for a little over $1600 new. I also bought an aluminum fitted flight case, which cost me an extra $280, which I'll throw in with the bass.

This bass is FRETLESS FIVE-STRING, with a zebrawood top (with matching headstock) and stock Bartolini pickups with a 3-band active EQ and pickup selector switch. It also has a Wilkenson bridge, a maple neck with rosewood fretboard, and a swamp-ash body. It is in excellent condition, except for the fretboard, which is in good condition. For some reason, Washburn strings these from the factory with roundwound strings, and there are a few *very* minor & easily buffed-out, barely-visible surface scratches on the rosewood fretboard from the few people who played it in the shop before I bought it. I put half-rounds on it right away and these swirls in the fretboard do not affect tone or playability at all.

I haven't played it much, I'd say less than 50 hours total. I bought it with the idea that I'd like to learn fretless, and I might as well buy a decent one, if I'm serious about it. Well, it turns out, I should stick to fretted!

After goofing around on a friend's Modulus Quantum 6 the other day, I realized that I would really like to own a 6-string bass. For some reason, high-end Washburns have low resale value. I think it is because Washburn is generally regarded as a budget-niche company, but their USA stuff is very good and not at all like their imported cheapies.

I have accepted that I will not get anywhere near the $1800+ I have in this bass, so I'm making an interesting offer: I will trade straight-up, you pay shipping on your end and I pay shipping on mine, for an MTD Z6. I already own an MTD Artist 5 and love it, just wishing it was a 6-string... but, I'll consider other trades, as well. I would prefer the Z6 in translucent cherry with a rosewood fretboard, to match my Artist 5, but I'm more concerned with finding a 6-string with relatively wide string-spacing, a flatter fretboard, and a thin profile neck (like the MTDs) than I am with the color.

I will also consider selling it outright for $1,200 o.b.o (including the $280 flight case), you pay actual shipping - that's over $400 less than I paid for what is almost an un-used instrument, not counting the case!

Pics coming tonight or tomorrow!

Thanks very much for checking out my post.

Best,

Dave Muscato

(573) 424-0420 cell
    mail@davemuscato.com
    or just PM me here!

2. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

No asking for offers. Post a price or I will delete the thread. Thanks.

3. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    Sorry about that bub, price added.

Thanks!

Dave

4. JoshB

JoshB A great man is always willing to be little. -RWE Supporting Member

No worries there Dave...I'm looking forward to pictures...

5. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    No longer interested in a trade - I bought a Z6 off eBay today. I am still interesting in selling the Washburn with flight case, for $1200 o.b.o.

Please make me offers!

edit: PRICE REDUCED TO $1,000 OR BEST OFFER, INCLUDING FLIGHT CASE

6. Jim Dombrowski

Jim Dombrowski Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    What bass? I don't see any bass!

7. DanielleMuscato

DanielleMuscato

Jun 19, 2004
    Columbia, Missouri, USA
    I gotta take some pictures, sorry guys! It has been raining all week here, but I will see if I can get some good lighting indoors and get them up ASAP.