1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Trade Only: ATK700 Natural for MIM P-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Orpheus55, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking to trade an Ibanez ATK700 natural (ash body, maple cap, string-through, birds-eye maple fretboard) in excellent condition--no dings, marks, or issues--for a nice MIM Precision, sunburst preferred but not necessarily; minor scratches or a ding not a problem. I am an old school Fender guy (see my profile) no matter what else I try, but have great admiration for the quality and tonal palette of the ATK. Each trader would pay shipping and provide any and all assurances.

Attached Files:

2. bump

3. I have a MIM P bass I bought here at TB as I thought I wanted a P in the stable. Its all P bass, and I dont dig it.

mexiPbass.

It has huge output, I cant imagine its the stock pup. The frets were sticking out past the board, as the board must have naturally dried after the fret job. I didnt do the cleanest job there, but it's now very playable and fast. The only other mod was shielding the cavity and now its quiet as a church mouse, no hum. Oh, and I put cheapo retro knobs on it ( as shown in pic), oems will come with it. Ther are some minor scuffs in it, none of which I put there. But I can go over it with a fine tooth comb and accurately describe any surface anomolies. I do dig the wine color.

Driving to Tampa next week with the fam, if Pt Charlotte is anywhere near close by. I usually like to throw a bass in the car with me.

Let me know if you're intersted. I'll snap a pic of two of the fret filing if need be. This bass sounds HUGE. But that woody P bass sound just aint me. I'll take a chance with the ATK. GC had one here I wanted to try, but the 3 way switch was beat. Almost bought it for $229 and fixed it, but it wasnt a maple board.

4. dakpluto

dakpluto

Oct 14, 2006
    Orlando, FL
  5. PM sent

6. PM sent

7. New pictures.

Attached Files:

8. More pics. Still looking for an MIM P, ding or two OK. Would also consider an Epi Viola (preferred) or Hofner Icon as I have a three-week Beatle tribute gig coming up this summer.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.