1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Trade or no trade

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by woody357, Mar 12, 2016.

1. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    would you trade a Warwick bolt on broad neck five string bass for a Lakland 55-02? Store wants that and $200. My answer is no. I'm trying to talk someone out of doing it so I said I would come here and get the opinion of other bass players.

2. woody357

Jun 17, 2005
    Anyone

3. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Dunno. I'd have to play them both in person. But I'd go with whichever one felt best to my hands regardless of the value.

My question is why are you trying to inluence your friend's decision so much?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    shawshank72 likes this.
  4. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Hard to say.
    Trades are all about how much you want the other bass.
    What might seem great to some, others will say its ludicrous.

5. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Pics?
    Sound samples?
    Has your friend tried out the Lackland he so obviously wants and found it comfortable?
    I wouldn't try to talk him into it, but I sure wouldn't talk him out of it unless I had a really good reason.
    Good reason: The bass isn't worth your bass plus $200 in cash...even though the store does have to make a profit and it might be worth it to your friend.
    Bad reason: The Warwick is Sunburst and the Lakland is Black.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  6. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Good reason, the Lakland isn't a Warwick...

7. Is the Lakland new or used? If it's used, no way.

8. woody357

Jun 17, 2005
    Used

9. woody357

Jun 17, 2005
    We are talking about a German made Warick for a Skyline Lakland, used. I told him I would not do it, it's just not a equal trade, but if he like it that much it may not be worth it to me but maybe it is to him. I said sell the Warwick on the open market, and use the money to get something else.

10. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    The Laklands are pretty easy to come by. I suggest selling the Wick and then patiently looking for a good deal on a Lakland. It sounds like Gas has kicked in which can cloud the brain.

Zooberwerx likes this.
  11. +1. This is exactly what I would tell him.