1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

trade racks?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Scott D, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    hey, does anyone have a rack they are not using or is too deep for them? i have a nice Grundorf 3 space rack. the only problem is is that i can't have the back panel on when my amp is on, because the amp is too deep. i was wondering if anyone would like to trade. its in great condtion-black carpeting, bought new about 5 months ago.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. squire_pwr

squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    hmm..how deep is the rack?

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    i'm not sure, but i can measure it. how deep is yours?

4. junglebike

junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    I've got a 2-space 15 or 16" deep rack bag, and I'm looking for a 10" deep 3-space. e-mail if interested.

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    well i would prefer a wood or plastic rack, but what brand/is there a link for it? I got a 3 space because i thought i'd add stuff in there-but i can't think of anything to add.

6. junglebike

junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    It's a Mesa/Boogie rack bag. Very light but sturdy. Has vents on the bottom and sides to keep your stuff cool. I don't have a photo of it handy, but they sell for $140 new (too much for a rack!) It's a quality piece of gear.

why don't you e-mail me if you're still interested. Let me know what the depth of your Grundorf is, and any other info (esp. a photo) if you've got it.

I should be able to snap off some photos of my bag soon.

--Pete

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    yeah, i'll get some snaps of it (we're having band practice, so i'll take some) but its just as deep as my SVT-3 Pro. the speaker cables and power cable stick out just enough so i cant get the back cover on. it's wood, carpeteted, 3 space all black and it has a handle on top, two latches on the side (not butterfly, but they are sturdy) and a tension-hold back cover (it stays on fine) and it also has a large plastic-ringed hole (for running cables through) and is in good condition. but like i said i'll get some pics up.

EDIT: Is this the one? (the 2 space) http://store.yahoo.com/mesa/softrack.html

EDIT again: my amp is 15.5 inches deep, so i'm sure thats exactly what the depth of the rack is.
    Specifications:

Dimensions: 19 x 3.5 x 15.5 (thats of the ampeg)

i also emailed you.

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    OK the deal didn't work out, but anyone out there please help. my rack is a 3 space, grundorf carpet covered, 15.5" deep, tension-hold back cover with a hole for cables. i really need a deeper rack. i will trade for a deeper 2 space, just need it to be somewhere around 17/18" deep.

Thanks,
    Scott