Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

trade racks?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Scott D, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    hey, does anyone have a rack they are not using or is too deep for them? i have a nice Grundorf 3 space rack. the only problem is is that i can't have the back panel on when my amp is on, because the amp is too deep. i was wondering if anyone would like to trade. its in great condtion-black carpeting, bought new about 5 months ago.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. squire_pwr

squire_pwr

Apr 15, 2003
    San Diego, CA.
    hmm..how deep is the rack?

3. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    i'm not sure, but i can measure it. how deep is yours?

4. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    I've got a 2-space 15 or 16" deep rack bag, and I'm looking for a 10" deep 3-space. e-mail if interested.

5. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    well i would prefer a wood or plastic rack, but what brand/is there a link for it? I got a 3 space because i thought i'd add stuff in there-but i can't think of anything to add.

6. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    It's a Mesa/Boogie rack bag. Very light but sturdy. Has vents on the bottom and sides to keep your stuff cool. I don't have a photo of it handy, but they sell for $140 new (too much for a rack!) It's a quality piece of gear.

why don't you e-mail me if you're still interested. Let me know what the depth of your Grundorf is, and any other info (esp. a photo) if you've got it.

I should be able to snap off some photos of my bag soon.

--Pete

7. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    yeah, i'll get some snaps of it (we're having band practice, so i'll take some) but its just as deep as my SVT-3 Pro. the speaker cables and power cable stick out just enough so i cant get the back cover on. it's wood, carpeteted, 3 space all black and it has a handle on top, two latches on the side (not butterfly, but they are sturdy) and a tension-hold back cover (it stays on fine) and it also has a large plastic-ringed hole (for running cables through) and is in good condition. but like i said i'll get some pics up.

EDIT: Is this the one? (the 2 space) http://store.yahoo.com/mesa/softrack.html

EDIT again: my amp is 15.5 inches deep, so i'm sure thats exactly what the depth of the rack is.
    Specifications:

Dimensions: 19 x 3.5 x 15.5 (thats of the ampeg)

i also emailed you.

8. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    OK the deal didn't work out, but anyone out there please help. my rack is a 3 space, grundorf carpet covered, 15.5" deep, tension-hold back cover with a hole for cables. i really need a deeper rack. i will trade for a deeper 2 space, just need it to be somewhere around 17/18" deep.

Thanks,
    Scott