Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trade Rickenbacker 4003 for 1970's Fender?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by pamlicojack, Nov 11, 2004.

1. It's a 1986 Rickenbacker 4003 (SN# ZX ****) in VG condition with only a few minor dings. It has the silver finish thats aging to a cool greenish hue. It does have one noticable chip in the finish about 2 inches over the bridge p-up.

It looks very similar to this. (picture is not my bass) I do not have the pickup cover.

[​IMG]

I would be willing to trade for a mid-70's Fender Jazz or Precision in VG, but not showroom condition. It comes with a nice hardshell case. I live near Charlotte, NC.

(I might also be interested in a Gibson RD Standard in black).

Email: pamlicojack(at)gmail(dot)com for more info...

2. Just to let people know...Silver is a rare colour for Rics. This would be only the 4th i ever seen anywhere (including my own) It would make a nice collectors item if your into that sort of thing.

Cool Ric.

3. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
  4. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    sent ya a PM

you can contact me on AIm at URBANxSTRIKE if ya wanna try to work something out.....please: /

5. Hows this '74 grab ya? I have the original pups and pg screws. But not the bridge. Sounds great, low action. Excellent condition!!
    Hawk
    xhawk4@hotmail.com

6. Still here, not sure why... :confused:

I'm afraid I cant do anything but a straight up trade. My wife had twins this year and if I sold it and actually had money, I'd probably wind up putting it into diapers and formula. For the same reason I can't put up any extra cash for yours.

I don't wan't to get rid of it but forearm numbness along the binding is making the Ric uncomfortable to play. The fact I have CTS doesn't help. (This won't affect 98% of you.) I need to find a nice home for this bass.

(1971-1975 P or J's preferred...)

7. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Bump for a killer bass. Wish I had a Fender to give you...

8. Last chance, if no Fender owners are interested, I have an interesting offer from someone that I think I'll go with. Just wanted to give it one last shot...

9. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I don't have a vintage fender but I will pm you with an offer (worth a shot)

Peace
    -Ben

10. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    She never needs to know about the money (I won't tell :ninja: )....I might be willing to purchase outright but all I have to trade are other Rics.....If you change your mind about "trade only" drop me an email or post here.