Trade Rickenbacker 4003 for 1970's Fender?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by pamlicojack, Nov 11, 2004.

1. It's a 1986 Rickenbacker 4003 (SN# ZX ****) in VG condition with only a few minor dings. It has the silver finish thats aging to a cool greenish hue. It does have one noticable chip in the finish about 2 inches over the bridge p-up.

It looks very similar to this. (picture is not my bass) I do not have the pickup cover.

I would be willing to trade for a mid-70's Fender Jazz or Precision in VG, but not showroom condition. It comes with a nice hardshell case. I live near Charlotte, NC.

(I might also be interested in a Gibson RD Standard in black).

Email: pamlicojack(at)gmail(dot)com for more info...
  2. Just to let people know...Silver is a rare colour for Rics. This would be only the 4th i ever seen anywhere (including my own) It would make a nice collectors item if your into that sort of thing.

Cool Ric.
  3. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
  4. PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    sent ya a PM

you can contact me on AIm at URBANxSTRIKE if ya wanna try to work something out.....please: /
  5. Hows this '74 grab ya? I have the original pups and pg screws. But not the bridge. Sounds great, low action. Excellent condition!!
  6. Still here, not sure why... :confused:

I'm afraid I cant do anything but a straight up trade. My wife had twins this year and if I sold it and actually had money, I'd probably wind up putting it into diapers and formula. For the same reason I can't put up any extra cash for yours.

I don't wan't to get rid of it but forearm numbness along the binding is making the Ric uncomfortable to play. The fact I have CTS doesn't help. (This won't affect 98% of you.) I need to find a nice home for this bass.

(1971-1975 P or J's preferred...)
  7. Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Bump for a killer bass. Wish I had a Fender to give you...
  8. Last chance, if no Fender owners are interested, I have an interesting offer from someone that I think I'll go with. Just wanted to give it one last shot...
  9. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    I don't have a vintage fender but I will pm you with an offer (worth a shot)

10. incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    She never needs to know about the money (I won't tell :ninja: )....I might be willing to purchase outright but all I have to trade are other Rics.....If you change your mind about "trade only" drop me an email or post here.