Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TRADE/SALE MESA D-180 VERY NICE!!!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by KenToby, Dec 27, 2003.

1. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    I'm looking at possibly trading or selling my MESA D-180 all tube head. This is the predesessor to the 400 head and is arguably better. As does all of this series of MESA head it has BASS, MID, and treble controls with various "boost" controls, effect loops w/ variable control. Variable speed fan control and so much more. The condition is OUTSTANDING, 9 out of 10, looks like its a year or two old. The only marks on the front are the around the mounting holes. I has outputs for 2, 4 and 8 ohm speaker outputs. Works perfectly and sounds richa nd warm as you would expect - you know the sound!!
    See the MESA web site for details.

Send me a PM and let me know what you have to trade or what kind of cash offer you want to make. No cheap junk. I have every thing I need so what ever you offer it has to be a "must have", special item.

Thanks,

KT

2. KenToby

KenToby

Aug 15, 2002
    See the D-180 under the "MANUALS" section. All the details you'll need are there.

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Okay, I read the manual, but it didn't list the tube compliment. What's it got under the hood?

4. I have one,it has 6 6L6's, 3 12AX7's and one 12AT7 or something like that. I'm not sure about the 12AT7, but I know its not a 12AX7. It's supposed to push 200 watts but most good 6L6 tubes will give you 22 to 25 watt at most.It still pretty loud though. I recomend it.:D