Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trade? SVT3Pro for Eden WT400+

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funkster, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hi all, I have been a Ampeg guy for a long time now and own 2 SVT3Pro's, I have the opportunity to trade my older one for a Eden WT400+.
    I have played through Zoomboy's Eden Combo and dug it.
    Just wodering if there's anybody who owned a WT400 that could give me the lowdown on it or any Ampeg players that switched to Eden, Any feedback is appreciated.
    Also would my Ampeg Svt410HE and 115HE cabs sound ok with the Eden head for now.
    Thanks for any feedback in advance.

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    That would be a great trade for you. The WT400 is one of my favorite amps. I also use a WT800. Much richer sounding than the Ampeg with more punch, too. Great EQ options, too. You can't lose if the 400 is in good shape.

3. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Yes, do it. Eden makes some very eclectic and versatile equipment. I love my Eden setup and would only think about adding another cabinet to my Navigator. Edens sounds warm, earthy, contemporary, yet able to put out a funk, rock, or metal tone when needed. The WT-400 doesn't fall far from the tree, so I totally recommend it.

4. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Thanks guy's I am gonna go for it! The Eden is coming in on Wed I'll let you know how I made out.