1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Trade thread: Gotoh bridge

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by bolophonic, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Cleaning out my parts drawer, I have a Gotoh bridge left over. I don't know very much about this bridge, except that it has adjustable string spacing (it is currently set at 19mm) and major locking on the intonation. It comes with four used screws (missing one), a set of ferrules for installing it as a string-through bridge, and one of the saddle adjustment screws is a replacement.

I don't really use this type of thing in my bass. I am interested in Precision bodies and necks, so if someone had an old Squier body or something laying around that they aren't using, I would consider a trade. I would also trade this for a decent set of Precision pickups.

Attached Files:

2. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Looks like what they used on the Roscoe Beck signature bass.

3. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Is that good or bad?

4. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    It's great. Good bass. Roscoe said in an interview that it cleaned up the sound more than the original vintage style bridge they were going for.

5. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Thanks for the info, I can tell from experience that it is a very good bridge, but I had never seen one quite like this before. I knew it had to have come off of a nice bass.

6. uptowndirt

uptowndirt Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Canada
    pm'd

7. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Bumping this, because who wouldn't want a bridge that is allegedly from a bass that nice?

8. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Bumping to say that I am getting offers for things that I like, but already have. Keep em coming! Look at that bridge!

9. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Bridge has been traded. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.