Trade YAMAHA BB614 with IBANEZ

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jazzfish, Oct 21, 2005.

1. jazzfish

Aug 17, 2005
    Hi all, I am new here wonder if u can share your opinions with me on this..

1. Had a BB614 as a gift.(now 3mths old)
    2. I'm just starting out with bass. I can play by ear but lack technique and sightread skills.I like jazzfusion but dun mind playing anything rock,pop too)

2. Anyway, I'v always wanted a 5 string and recently a guy wanted to trade his 8 mth old SRX705 with my yamaha cos he misses his old BB1500A.

3.He offered to top me up another singapore$100(about US$60) cos he bought it off another guy few weeks back + its an older bass)

4. I was planning to sell the BB614 to buy a G&L tributeL2500 until this offer came in.

5.Please share some tips/opinions on this.Thank you!

jimmy johnson/neil stubenhaus fan
  2. The SX705 is mainly for metal, so you might like that, plus you're better off with your yamaha.
  3. milo

Jul 22, 2004
    SRX 705 is good bass go for it.
    My friend has Tribute 2500 neck is big peace of wood compare it to SRX.
    I wanted to buy 5 string but after playing Tibute 2500 I realise that i am more home with 4 than 5.
  4. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    That's not true I use to have the SRX505 the cheaper non neck through version and I've used it for classical music with acoustic guitars and flutes, classical music where I was covering the basson parts, solo bass, funk, lots of rock and pop and even used it in some experimental ambience. The sound is quite agressive from the pre amp very growly and musicman like but if you use the right technique you can make it work for you, the B on these basses if it's as good as the 505 which it should be is great works really well.

I'd go for the trade it seems to me you're getting the better deal.
  5. bashed

Oct 23, 2005
    I would go for the trade if I were you. The SRX705 is a great bass. Very versatile. Bought it as to be a backup bass but ended up being my main.
  6. I don't think SRXs are only for metal or rock.. I've really enjoyed mine and selling it was a mistake. If you like it, go for it, this really is a win-win situation.